389 Nelm Street
Alexandria, VA 22301
Job Objective Looking for work as Community Center Director in a firm that allows me to practice my expertise while also continuing to grow and advance in my experiences.
Community Center Director, August 2005 – Present
Kelly Services, Alexandria, VA
- Managed, supervised and ensured goals are achieved within available resources.
- Designed and organized assignments.
- Trained, motivated and evaluated assigned staff; reviewed progress and recommended changes.
- Provided direction to develop short and long range plans.
- Monitored revenues and expenditures ensuring sound fiscal control
- Ensured work in compliance with policies and procedures.
Community Center Director, May 2000 – July 2005
Milestone Senior Living, Alexandria, VA
- Selected, planned and implemented cultural arts, physical activities and special interest activities.
- Handled public queries regarding recreation programs.
- Prepared brochures, calendars, letters, and flyers for recreation programs.
- Coordinated sports programs, registered children for teams, collected fees, acquired coaches, assigned practice times, distributed and collected uniforms.
- Assisted in the scheduling of activities at the Community Center.
- Promoted interest and provided information regarding recreation programs to school officials, other recreation officials, community service groups, other City departments, and the general public.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of recreation philosophy, planning and administration
- In-depth knowledge of communities experiencing disparities, and public health
- Good understanding of the various culture and community
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding ability to develop, coordinate, and direct varied activities involved in a community recreation program
- Remarkable ability to plan and supervise the work of paid staff
Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Champlain College, Burlington, VT