2508 Hornor Avenue
Mena, OK 71953
Job Objective Seeking employment as Assistant News Director in a qualified organization in order to bring my years of expertise in the industry to the table.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in Newsroom management
- Familiarity with electronic submission systems HRSA, cns e-grants, e-grants, Fastlane and eRA Commons
- Sound knowledge of pre-production, production , post-production and delivery for the web
- Skilled in planning, design and completion of electronic and print media
- In-depth knowledge of FCC rules and laws pertaining to news broadcasting
- Sound knowledge of SPIN, BANNER and CAYUSE software
- Strong writing, producing, creative, management and leadership skills
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and MS Power Point
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Assistant News Director, August 2005 – Present
CBS Corporation, Mena, OK
- Managed day to day news operation for distribution to multiple platforms.
- Developed tactics and strategies to maximize demo performance in key target areas for multiple platforms.
- Lead coverage planning of major events, i.e. elections and special events.
- Communicated news initiatives across departments.
- Managed the budgetary aspects of newsroom operations.
- Accountable for hiring and performance management of direct reports.
- Accompanied News Director in the on-going evaluation of personnel.
Assistant News Director, May 2000 – July 2005
Broadcast, Mena, OK
- Managed day-to-day news operations, both on-air and on-line, under the supervision of the News Director.
- Held staff accountable to daily job requirements under the direction and guidance of the News Director.
- Recruited, developed and trained newsroom personnel under the direction and guidance of the News Director.
- Developed, built and executed news operations plans.
- Ensured the journalistic, ethical and legal standards are maintained, at all times.
Bachelor’s Degree in Media, Preston University, Cheyenne, WY
Master’s Degree in Mass Communication, Hickey College, Saint Louis, MO