2445 Thomas Street
Lombard, IL 60148
Job Objective To secure a position as Assistant Camp Director with an experienced organization and bring my knowledge to the table to better everyone involved.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in camp programming
- Profound knowledge of developing and conducting programming
- In-depth knowledge of development and management of youth programs
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Explorer
- Ability to schedule and supervise staff
- Ability to work with children, adolescents and adults individually and in groups
- Ability to train staff in camp program and procedures, safety regulations and emergency procedures
Assistant Camp Director, August 2005 – Present
Wiz Kids Sports Camps, Lombard, IL
- Assisted the Camp Director in planning and carrying out pre-camp and in-service staff training.
- Supervised the head counselors, provided guidance and support and evaluated them through the summer.
- Oversaw the ordering and control of general camp equipment and supplies.
- Supervised the dining hall area and maintained communication with the Chef Manager and kitchen staff.
- Coordinated with the Program Director in matters that are of mutual responsibility.
- Maintained proper records as required by the Camp Director.
Assistant Camp Director, May 2000 – July 2005
B9nai B9rith Perlman Camp, Lombard, IL
- Developed and conducted pre-camp and in-service staff trainings.
- Taught staff and adult volunteers their responsibilities during staff training.
- Oversaw the set-up and supervision of camp units.
- Submitted and placed orders for equipment and supplies when necessary and ensured timely arrival of materials.
- Ensured evaluations are conducted for camp units and counselors.
- Accountable for the welfare and monitored the adjustment of campers to camp.
- Prepared, reviewed and submitted records and requested reports on time.
Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA