4633 Fowler Avenue
Tucker, GA 30084
Job Objective Looking for an opportunity to work as a Cognos Report Developer for a reputed company.
Cognos Report Developer, July 2006 – Present
Brook, Inc., Tucker, GA
- Developed and maintained a full suite of reporting products in a complex database environment comprised of SQL Server 2005, Sybase and DB2 databases.
- Supported a wide range of finance, credit, margin and regulatory users, responded quickly to user needs and developed report products in a timely manner.
- Analyzed requirements and interacted with users and designers to determine the data sets required to meet the users’ needs.
- Built efficient, complex, parameterized SQL queries and stored procedures to produce output data sets.
- Implemented best practices to reduce maintenance overhead and complexity.
- Evaluated new technology for creating and delivering report products.
- Assisted with analyzing data integrity within all SQL databases.
Cognos Report Developer, May 2002 – June 2006
Veta Corporation, Tucker, GA
- Supported and assisted in developing the vision and direction for reports, associated tools and metrics within service management.
- Identified reports and associated tool enhancements needed for service management advancement, then developed, tested and implemented associated changes.
- Diagnosed and resolved complex problems and issues related to service management reports.
- Collaborated with projects on complex requirements analysis related to data and enterprise reports.
Summary of Qualifications:
- A great deal of experience in Cognos development and data warehousing
- Profound knowledge of Cognos Impromptu Report Development, Cognos PowerPlay Tool Use and Cognos Report Designer
- Skilled in Cognos Framework modelling and report development
- Knowledgeable in Oracle SQL and relational databases, writing complex SQL to validate reports and tuning Reports
- Working knowledge of BI concepts and data warehousing concepts
- Strong ability in reports performance tuning in an Oracle environment
- Excellent PL and SQL development skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely manner in a fast paced changing environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Champlain College, Vermont, VT