4579 Pine Garden Lane
Norcross, GA 30091
Job Objective Seeking a position as Furniture Designer, where I can fully utilize my skills of designing.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Exceptional knowledge of wood products, laminates, adhesives and functional hardware
- Familiarity with CNC machinery, rapid prototyping technology, material sourcing, product costing
- Proficient with AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX, Adobe Photoshop, illustrator and MS Project
- Ability to use space planning software and equipment
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, client service and liaison skills
- Ability to build models with minimal assistance
Youngs Furniture Co, Norcross, GA
April 2006 – Present
- Developed unique classroom, office & presentation furniture solutions.
- Created and maintained current design documentation from freehand sketches.
- Prototyped new products to acquire design verification.
- Estimated product costs and supported product pricing strategies for new designs.
- Created bills of material and model numbering logic for new products.
Carls Furniture, Norcross, GA
June 2002 – March 2006
- Researched and planned various styles of furniture design.
- Selected suitable materials, which included wood, metal, plastic and textiles.
- Evaluated costs, and manufacturing methods and techniques.
- Organized planned and scheduled with respect to the availability of resources.
- Attended manufacturing and furniture design workshops, seminars.
- Conducted capability studies and product testing and evaluation during implementation.
Bachelor of Arts in Furniture Design
William Paterson University, New Jersey, NJ