4949 Adams Drive
Houston, TX 77006
Job Objective Seeking an excellent and challenging position as Database Designer.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Huge experience in designing high performance and scalable data warehousing applications
- Thorough understanding of relational database design and data modeling
- Familiarity with physical schema design, stored procedures, and high volume database tuning
- Good understanding of relational and dimensional data models
- Proficient with OLAP reporting tools, SQL, DB2 and Oracle
SPARTA, Inc., Houston, TX
April 2006 – Present
- Designed atomic and publishing layer model for new projects.
- Finalized physical model to generate DDL for inclusion in version.
- Identified and made make recommendations to improve ongoing system performance.
- Managed performance expectations.
- Established and enforced best practices in relation to impacts on performance.
- Created and maintained team standards and strategy for projects.
iTech Solutions, Inc., Houston, TX
June 2002 – March 2006
- Documented baseline system performance metrics.
- Promoted active workload management via filtering, throttling and resource sharing configurations.
- Handled capacity planning of space and system resource.
- Coordinated with cross-team meetings to discuss conflicts and resolutions.
- Generated capacity plans.
- Provided information on upcoming projects for capacity projections.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Prescott College, Arizona, AZ