807 Heavner Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30339
Job Objective A challenging and rewarding position as a Residential Counselor that utilizes my experience and counseling skills.
- Residential Counselor, 2006 to Present
- NHS Human Services, Sharon Hill, PA
- Evaluated resident’s daily living activities and current mental status.
- Instructed young residents on issues such as drug use, career opportunities, importance of education and other life issues.
- Counseled residents about household maintenance, banking and financial documentation.
- Planned and conducted recreational and social activities for small and large groups.
- Trained residents in hygiene, self care, nutrition, meal preparation, and dietary needs.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Wide crisis intervention skills
- Immense ability to conduct living group meetings
- Profound ability to address negative behaviors with positive attitude
- Broad knowledge of medical history and current health issues
- Extended ability to provide clinical care to emotionally, behaviorally impaired children and adolescents in a residential treatment setting
B.S. in Psychology, 2004, Auburn University
M.S in Counseling, 2006, California State University