239 Briercliff Road
Staten Island, NY 10314
Job Objective To obtain an Aquatics Coordinator position that fully utilizes my experience and abilities.
Aquatics Coordinator, August 2005 – Present
Young Men’s Christian Association, Staten Island, NY
- Liaised between Aquatic Director and Aquatic Staff.
- Supervised aquatic staff and provided evaluation input.
- Developed program materials and distributed program information.
- Assisted in training new staff and provided ongoing trainings in accordance with training designs.
- Served as a primary responder in case of injury, accident and illness and be proficient with emergency procedures.
- Trained membership staff in class registrations and programs.
- Ensured state and county standards are being followed.
- Developed solutions to complex software design issues during the product development cycle, kept in mind scope limitations and the impact of other integrated products.
- Designed and developed specific databases for collection, tracking and reporting of data.
Aquatics Coordinator, May 2000 – July 2005
Coppin State University, Staten Island, NY
- Acted as the main aquatic staff coverage person.
- Hired, trained, supervised and evaluated assigned staff.
- Managed and coordinated required staff trainings, certifications and training.
- Supervised activities and participants.
- Provided daily supervision of adjacent beach volleyball court and assisted other department programs in programming the space effectively.
- Assisted students with the development of a variety of programs that promoted a healthy lifestyle.
- Established positive relationships with program participant.
- Ensured program quality and consistency.
- Performed routine checks on equipment to ensure safety.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Profound knowledge of Aquatics facility management
- Hands-on experience as an instructor and coach in Aquatics
- Extensive knowledge of performing administrative duties
- Proficient in the use of office automation software and its application
- Skilled in operating manual and automated office equipment
- Skilled in exercising initiative, resourcefulness and sound judgment
- Immense ability to solve problems and make decisions in a professional and tactful manner
- Exceptional ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects necessary to implementing a specific organizational program
Bachelor’s Degrees in Recreation, Chancellor University, Ohio, OH