3744 Big Indian
Metairie, LA 70007
Job Objective Experienced Group Controller is seeking employment with reputable organization where my skills and training can be a positive contribution to your company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Huge knowledge of controllership function and accounting
- Steep knowledge of coordinating audit activities
- Familiarity with accounting principles and concepts
- Working knowledge of Group, Sector and Corporate organizations
- Solid understanding of GAAP and general ledger processing
- Superior analytic, organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
Kaplan Higher Education, Metairie, LA
August 2005 – Present
- Administered department resources and imparted leadership and coaching to staff members.
- Managed career planning of department members.
- Monitored departmental expenses and represented finance function.
- Aided development of annual Profit and Capital.
- Assisted Financial Planning Manager and managed financial reporting.
American Woodmark Corporation, Metairie, LA
May 2000 – July 2005
- Established apt divisional measurement systems.
- Conducted analysis and imparted quantification of financial impact.
- Carried out special studies and formulated company-wide studies.
- Analyzed plant forecasts and supervised production floor.
- Aided as change agent, evaluated trade opportunities and executed audits and evaluated facility targets.
- Coordinated with varied levels of organization ad coached facility controllers.
- Monitored cost savings and productivity and monitored AFEs and AFLEs.
- Aided initial phases of expense tracking and reviewed procedures for asset security.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
St. John’s College, Springfield, IL