34391 Dobson Way
Trumbull, CT, 06611
Job Objective Seeking to obtain a Judicial Clerk position with an organization where I can utilize my clerical skills and be an asset to the employer.
Judicial Clerk, May 2004 – Present
Curatius Law Firm & In-House Search, Trumbull, CT
- Reviewed, studied, researched, and annotated laws, court decisions, documents, opinions, briefs and related legal authorities.
- Prepared briefs, legal memoranda, including appropriate suggestions and recommendations to the judge.
- Compiled references on laws and decisions necessary for legal determinations.
- Conferred with judge concerning legal questions, construction of documents and granting of orders.
- Communicated with unrepresented parties, counsel, court services staff and guardians.
- Attended court sessions to hear oral arguments and record necessary case information.
Judicial Clerk, March 2002– April 2004
Keith Law Firm, PC,, Trumbull, CT
- Received court orders and judgments regarding disposition of charges on criminal and violation cases.
- Ensured to compute data into the OJIN and FIAS system.
- Managed to answer correspondence and telephone inquiries regarding financial status of cases.
- Ensured payments for receipts received through mail according to OJD and local policy.
- Managed to use a personal computer for entering and retrieving information.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Familiar with federal courts Case Management and Electronic Case Files System (CM/ECF)
- Ability to accurately and attentively administer detail in grammar, spelling, punctuation and proofread related documents
- Excellent ability to communicate orally with defendants, witnesses and the public
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to visually observe people’s behavior in a courtroom setting
- Typing speed of 60 W.P.M
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in documents
Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies, Community College of Rhode Island, Warwick, RI