812 Robinson Switch Rd
Minneapolis, MN 55450
Job Objective To obtain an Import Export Clerk position that will allow me to utilize my skills and has potential for growth.
Import Export Clerk, May 2004 – Present
FNS, Inc., Minneapolis, MN
- Coordinated with air and ocean shipments & custom brokers.
- Computed accurate shipping information to ensure proper tracking of all shipments.
- Prepared documents; rate and contract negotiation; reports; and assigned carriers and routings.
- Created export documentation for supplier to supplier shipments.
- Completed data entry and scanning of manufacturer affidavit to support automation program.
- Managed to prepare all documentation required by the customs broker to enable them to complete the airline’s air way bills (AWB).
- Listed all shipments with their respective AWB numbers, by flight and mailed the information to the respective offices of the company to handle customs at the airport.
Import Export Clerk, March 2002– April 2004
Aerotek CE, Minneapolis, MN
- Performed comparison and clean up of electronic & hard copy files for NAFTA project.
- Supported valuation issues for import and export shipments; received packages from the commission agents and direct customers.
- Obtained custom quotes from preferred shippers.
- Determined and verified the requirements of a proposed shipment.
- Monitored the progress of shipments and managed to chase expired & expiring quotes for inbound shipments.
- Coordinated inter-office transfers to and from international offices and prepared export documents.
- Participated in audit and controlling activities related to Export Control & Customs.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Profound Knowledge of U.S. Import and Export Regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Office Outlook
- Ability to perform complex data entry tasks
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Ability to manage and impart confidential information
Associate Degree in International Trade Import and Export, Houston Community College, Houston, TX