34391 Dobson Way
Trumbull, CT, 06611
Job Objective Seeking a Health Unit Clerk position that offers an immediate challenge, career opportunity, and advancement.
Health Unit Clerk, May 2004 – Present
Aurora Health Care, Trumbull, CT
- Facilitated the flow of patients throughout the medical center by accurately transferring and discharging patients in the appropriate systems in a timely manner.
- Maintained and adjusted schedules to enhance team performance.
- Transcribed and processed verbal and written information accurately in accordance to the Medical Center’s policies.
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team.
- Maintained and promoted customer satisfaction.
- Organized and performed work effectively and efficiently.
Health Unit Clerk, March 2002– April 2004
Regional Health, Trumbull, CT
- Served as a resource for customers, patients and staff needing assistance with directions or information.
- Prepared and compiled necessary chart forms for admissions, transfers, discharges and expirations.
- Obtained test results from other departments and reported to respective nurses.
- Modeled and reinforced service and operational excellence on the unit at all times.
- Demonstrated effectively the mission, vision, and values of the medical center.
- Coordinated all patient activities on and off the nursing unit including transfers within facility or from other facilities on orders.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Certified in Health Unit Coordinator
- Sound Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- In-depth knowledge of hospital rules and regulations
- Sound knowledge of general laboratory procedures, principles, methods used in laboratory tests
- Exemplary telephone etiquette
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to interact with different age groups and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to adapt to interruptions and changing priorities and workloads
Associate Degree in Health Unit Coordinator, Cuyahoga Community College District, Cleveland, OH