812 Robinson Switch Rd
Minneapolis, MN 55450
Job Objective To obtain an ER Clerk position that will allow me to utilize my skills and has potential for growth.
ER Clerk, May 2004 – Present
Cypress Creek Hospital, Minneapolis, MN
- Administered to register emergency room patients efficiently by obtaining appropriate signatures.
- Completed all required forms and providing patient information as required by state and federal regulations.
- Verified insurance information according to departmental procedures and ensured that required pre-authorizations and pre-certifications had been obtained.
- Managed to request and collect cash from patients according to policy and procedures by informing them of their payment options, including payment plans, financial assistance programs and compassionate care program.
- Coordinated registration and diagnosis information with physician offices and service areas to minimize inconvenience to patient.
- Volunteered to visit patients in their room to complete or validate account and registration information.
- Demonstrated commitment to service, organizational values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
ER Clerk, March 2002– April 2004
Community Health Systems, Minneapolis, MN
- Administered registration of patients and passed on information to required hospital departments.
- Provided exceptional customer service and interacted effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the health care community.
- Adhered to organizational and departmental specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Worked collaboratively and supported efforts of team members and maintained confidentiality and protected sensitive data.
- Conducted patient interviews to obtain required information, complete requested forms, and obtain signatures.
- Clarified hospital’s financial policy.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of hospital administration and exposure to such environment
- Sound Knowledge of medical terminology
- In- Dept knowledge of insurance policies and claims
- Able to perform clerical duties relating to care of patients
- Excellent communication skill to maintain good relations with customers and co-workers
- Exceptional ability to follow policies and procedures
Associate Degree in Health Unit Coordinator, Glendale Community College, Glendale, AZ