22945 Coltrane Ave
Elkhart, IN, 46514
Job Objective Seeking to obtain an Emergency Room Clerk position with an organization where I can utilize my clerical skills and be an asset to the employer.
Emergency Room Clerk, May 2004 – Present
South San Francisco-Hospital, Elkhart, IN
- Registered, computed cash collection and scheduled patient appointments.
- Performed general information and problem solving for patients.
- Demonstrated service-oriented approach and ensured openness to creative and innovative approaches to provide service characterized by culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated courtesy through respectful and polite communication.
- Familiarized with medical center and motivated to assist patients with questions and concerns.
- Volunteered to politely communicate with patients.
Emergency Room Clerk, March 2002 – April 2004
Kaiser Permanente, Elkhart, IN
- Administered registrations, forms completion, determination and collection of fees.
- Obtained patient consents, printing of forms, armbands, etc.
- Computed collection on patient accounts.
- Generated chart and x-ray locator slips, patient information etc.
- Assisted in verification of insurance and obtaining pre-certifications.
- Performed criteria available for review in Ambulatory Services.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Ability to skillfully interact with patients, family and visitors
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Typing speed of 50 W.P.M
- Able to work and respond in highly stressful hospital environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Familiar with Word, Excel and database software
Associate Degree in Public Relations, Pima Community College, Tucson, AZ