812 Robinson Switch Rd
Bakersfield, CA 93309
Job Objective Seeking to obtain a Circulation Clerk position with an organization where I can utilize my clerical skills and be an asset to the employer.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of Davis Classification and Library Automation
- Experienced in maintenance of Stack, Reference & Periodicals sections of a Library
- Familiarized with library circulation
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent ability to perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, faxing, answering phone etc
- Familiar with Word, Excel and database software
- Ability to handle distribution of circulation within the city and across the country
Circulation Clerk, May 2004 – Present
St. Mary’s University, Bakersfield, CA
- Distributed periodicals in compliance with mail order distribution.
- Demonstrated delivery tickets and records number of newspapers or magazines delivered to each city carrier or dealer.
- Communicated to assist in making receipts for mail order subscriptions and forward them to customers.
- Administered to search missing library items and assisted patrons with directional and location query.
- Represented the library’s Circulation Desk during selected evening and weekend hours.
- Solicited to process faculty’s requests for class reserve.
Circulation Clerk, March 2002 – April 2004
Marion Carnegie Library, Bakersfield, CA
- Administered to create and maintain subscriber and dealer database and initiated to follow up for distribution lists.
- Persuaded to solicit renewal of expiring subscriptions.
- Demonstrated to create and maintain reserve materials using the automated library system.
- Mediated among subscribers and dealers and redress complaints.
- Integrated and assisted in setting up audio and visual, computer and other equipment upon request.
- Resolved to develop policies and procedures and forms for reserve.
Associate Degree in Commerce, Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, NC