4382 Bel Meadow Drive
Rialto, CA 92376
Job Objective Seeking employment within the food services sector as a Head Pastry Chef.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in heading pastry specialty kitchen
- Deep knowledge about private dining and banqueting
- Huge knowledge about pastries cooked and preferred internationally
- Proficient in chocolates & pastry preparation
- Skilled at leading kitchen with attitude filled with enthusiasm and positive vibrations
- Ability to perform in stressed environment and meet up deadlines
- Ability to create high benchmarks for food production in busy pastry kitchen
Head Pastry Chef
Kneaders Bakery & Cafe, Rialto, CA
August 2007 – Present
- Managed optimally routine operations at pastry workstation working alongside Executive Chef.
- Instigated inspiration in staff working in pastry kitchen to delivery consistent quality in all food items.
- Contributed in food preparation and presentation adhering to standards laid down by Executive Chef.
- Assisted in supervising food hygiene and quality norms as directed by department managers.
- Ensured every dish in kitchen is prepared on time complying as per instruction from Executive Chef.
- Observed kitchen staff followed hygiene system for pastry preparation and storage.
- Performed in agreement with prescribed legislations of health & safety .
- Reported faults if any to kitchen equipment to concerned supervisor.
Head Pastry Chef
Breads Bakery, Rialto, CA
May 2004 – July 2007
- Developed recipes and plating ideas for chocolate-fused pastries and specialty desserts.
- Identified cost of ingredients to prepare items on menu and placed purchase orders accordingly.
- Selected menu for customers and made changes in preparation as required.
- Headed pastry kitchen and supervised support staff on duty as needed.
- Enacted responsibility to take feedback on existing menu regularly and brought innovative changes.
- Directed, trained and mentored pastry making employees.
- Ensured pastry items prepared on time as per order placed complying with desired quality specifications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Baking and Pastry Arts
John Brown University, Siloam Springs, AR