1754 Pinchelone Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
Job Objective To obtain a Chef position that will allow me to utilize my skills and has potential for growth.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive food & beverage leadership experience
- Huge knowledge of menu development
- Steep knowledge of varied food and beverages
- Ability to supervise high volume kitchen as well as immense ability to coach a diverse team
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion
- Familiarity with kitchen equipment, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress and cash control
- Ability to handle aspects of food, labor and operational costs along with capability to work in a team
- Superior communication skills
Chef de Cuisine, Norfolk, VA
August 2005 – Present
- Aided budgeting and outlined variances from the actual budget.
- Coordinated with Food and Beverage Department managers.
- Designed menu and forecasted capital expenditures for food and beverage department.
- Managed maintenance and assured guest satisfaction.
- Assisted purchasing department and scrutinized products for quality.
- Monitored food service sections and created products for guest satisfaction.
- Aided promotion of in house sales activities and conducted department meetings.
- Managed staff and handled recruitments.
Omni Hotels, Norfolk, VA
May 2000 – July 2005
- Provided nutritious meals three times daily and coached new employees.
- Analyzed employees’ productivity and reviewed weekly and extended menus.
- Handled Food Services employees and diners complaints.
- Managed documentation, reports and invoices and administered kitchen staff.
- Outlined contingency plan and coordinated in weekly management team meetings.
Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management
Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT