3369 Bastin Drive
Norristown, PA 19403
Job Objective Experienced US Customs Broker looking for position with reputable organization.
US Customs Broker, August 2005 – Present
MTD Products Inc, Norristown, PA
- Supervised activities, tasks and functions of Import-export analysts and agents.
- Provided support to import-export analysts in their communication with other departments.
- Provided support to analysts and agents with service providers.
- Ensured correct application and use of duty reduction programs.
- Provided information on market changes, customs regulations and industry related topics.
- Prepared and submitted annual report to Mexican Customs (Mexican reconciliation report).
- Audited commercial documents and Annex 24.
US Customs Broker, May 2000 – July 2005
C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc., Norristown, PA
- Identified and gathered required commercial data, documents, and rulings.
- Determined and verified harmonized tariff classifications and valuation using reasonable care.
- Organized and prepared data, documents, and rulings for timely entry.
- Managed accurate and timely ACH statement, duty payments.
- Submitted annual permit user fees and status reports.
- Served as the primary customs resource for branch staff, customers and prospects.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in a customs compliance, import and inbound logistics
- Familiarity with customs rules, laws and regulations
- Good understanding of freight forwarding, customs entries, and industry
- In-depth knowledge of Customs brokerage and operations
- Proficient in Legacy, Oracle ERP systems, MS Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Access
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Effective decision making, sound judgment, and initiative skills
Bachelor’s Degree in International Business, Hollins University, Roanoke, VA