2592 Ruckman Road
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Objective To secure a position with growing company as a Medicare Auditor where my education and special training can be utilized to the fullest.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience with collections, billing, and claims
- Good knowledge of Medicare audit procedures
- Sound knowledge of auditing and accounting principles
- In-depth understanding of health plans and operating procedures
- Ability to resolve coding issues and questions
- Ability to analyze non-financial data and prepare reports
- Sound knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to prioritize work and an excellent team player
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
Medicare Auditor, August 2005 – Present
Presbyterian Healthcare Services, Oklahoma City, OK
- Performed Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404 compliance activities and control testing of financial assertions.
- Assisted higher level auditor on field work based on the results of the desk audit.
- Assisted in the evaluation of controls and processes to determine their adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Participated in audits of providers by performing reviews on financial records.
- Monitored information contained on the provider’s filed CMS cost reports.
- Prepared audit records and adjustment reports.
- Participated in conferences on assigned field work.
Medicare Auditor, May 2000 – July 2005
McLeod Health, Oklahoma City, OK
- Performed post audit activities involving follow-up with provider representatives and prepared the final cost report package.
- Performed special projects and participated in workgroups.
- Assisted the Internal Controls Manager in reviewing and writing process narratives for business cycles.
- Assisted in a formal internal review of in- patient services billing rate review.
- Performed on all duties of lower level positions as directed by management.
- Ensured to submit reports and results on time.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA