2194 W San Lucia Ct
Romeoville, IL, 60446
Objective To obtain the position of Claims Assistant in a company where I can excel and further enhance my ability to succeed in the workplace.
Summary of Skills:
- Certified Claims Assistant with experience in updating current claim records
- Profound knowledge of preliminary reviews of claim forms and submission of bills
- Excellent ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- Strong organizational skills
- Good knowledge of Computers including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment
Claims Assistant, August 2005 to till date
Majestic Insurance, Romeoville, IL
- Prepared and organized files for new claims.
- Assisted the Claims department staff in updating and documenting claim files.
- Assisted in processing transactions (opening reserves, closing, checks).
- Processed stop payments and fax police reports.
- Provided the claim unit (Area Claims Manager) support services and maintained unit’s claim files.
- Coordinated claims process activities, opened and closed claim and files
- Set up and entered new claims into claims management system.
Claims Assistant, May 2000 to July 2005
Liberty Mutual, Romeoville, IL
- Reviewed, prepared, created, and sent letters, reports, and forms.
- Supported the total performance management initiative.
- Reported claims to the carriers.
- Performed follow up on claim handling by insurance companies.
- Maximized availability of carrier resources to customer and ensured customers’ claims received priority attention.
- Ensured validity of clients’ reserves and developed opportunities that reduced reserves.
- Guided and did counseling for producers on claims.
- Assisted in claiming problems and issues for all designated lines of business.
Associate of Applied Science in Office Administration, Windward Community College, Kaneohe, HI