2322 Black Oak Hollow Road
Oakland, CA 94612
Job Objective To contribute towards the success of the firm by gaining employment as a Cognos Architect.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Wide experience in developing Cognos architecture
- Sound knowledge of Cognos 8.x and 10.0
- Deep knowledge of multidimensional data modeling operations
- Familiarity with SQL concepts and OLAP tools
- Skilled in design and development of Cognos solutions
- Proficient with Cognos SDK, Framework Manager modeling, Query Studio, Analysis Studio and Report Studio
- Ability to install and maintain Cognos system
- Ability to resolve complex architectural issues
- Ability to support multi-server Cognos environment
- Excellent data architecture and analytical skills
XCEL Solutions Corp, Oakland, CA
August 2007 – Present
- Developed, installed, configured and maintained Cognos architectural solutions.
- Provided technical support for migration process from Cognos series 7 to Cognos 10.
- Reviewed functional requirements and technical specification and recommended changes if any.
- Assisted in troubleshooting design, development and support issues.
- Developed stored procedures and queries for reporting purposes.
- Performed query tuning and data modeling to improve performance efficiency.
- Monitored security and performance of Cognos 8 on regular basis.
- Conducted end user trainings and delivered presentations to user community.
Diversified Technical Solutions Inc, Oakland, CA
May 2004 – July 2007
- Developed Cognos architectural framework based on business needs.
- Validated database views and tables of architectural frameworks.
- Reviewed and implemented change management activities.
- Performed performance tuning operations for framework.
- Developed user training materials for each framework.
- Worked with technical and development team to design infrastructure that promotes self-service reporting and analytics.
- Ensured that team followed best practices for Cognos architectures.
- Recommended new technologies and ideas to support Cognos design activities.
Master’s Degree in Information Technology
Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
Rogers State University, Claremore, OK