1819 Lake Road
Merchantville, NJ 8109
Objective Seeking a Technical Advisor position with challenging organization in which to enhance and further my expertise and training in the field and to help organization meet their long-term goals.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of accounting
- Ability to interact and influence effectively with all levels of the organization and various functions
- Ability to Provide direction, material support, inventory planning and control
- Ability to resolve technical issues, project manage IT staff, write and review technical specifications
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Strong communication, team building and influencing skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
Technical Advisor, August 2005 – Present
Wasserman Group LLC, Merchantville, NJ
- Prepared HQ-level communications concerning accounting and financial reporting reminders for upcoming close.
- Assisted in the effort to ensure that the business is in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), applicable laws and regulations.
- Researched and evaluated policies and procedures for the business (including standard methodology for international and domestic).
- Reviewed technical procedures and ensured reliable financial results.
- Assisted in preparation and review of annual audited financial statements and quarterly reviews for our subsidiary.
Technical Advisor, May 2000 – July 2005
GE Corporate, Merchantville, NJ
- Ensured appropriate implementation of new accounting procedures.
- Administered Corporate Audit Staff document retention policy.
- Updated control based audit programs as required.
- Monitored external audit company independence and fees.
- Coordinated and enhanced Corporate Audit Staff data analytics and capabilities.
- Coordinated external benchmark meetings.
Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Southwest Georgia Technical College, Thomasville, GA