1783 Parrish Avenue
Objective To obtain a position as a member of your organization in which I can exercise my experience as a Student Advisor.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Strong experience providing quality customer service to students
- Good knowledge of prospect transition to an enrolled university student
- Wide Knowledge of academic standards, admissions policies and communication techniques
- In-depth knowledge of federal regulations regarding international students and scholars and the applications
- Excellent time management, project management and organizational skills
- Ability to learn complex regulations and to provide information to students
- Ability to advise students, primarily via telephone and e-mail and some face-to-face interaction
- Ability to handle numerous details and multitask in a fast paced environment
Student Advisor, August 2005 – Present
Westwood College, Catarina, TX
- Developed and implemented strategies to retain students.
- Handled students, staff, and faculty regarding student attendance, issues, concerns, and general inquiries.
- Provided information on community resources such as daycare options, transportation, medical facilities and banking options.
- Maintained continued communication with students by serving as the staff advisor for student government and other student clubs and organizations.
- Ensured students concerns and inquires are resolved.
- Assisted the Director of Student Services in coordinating and implementing on campus activities.
Student Advisor, May 2000 – July 2005
Career Education Corporation, Catarina, TX
- Provided student-centered support services.
- Oversaw Student Success Plans for test and support.
- Managed advising services including evaluation of transcripts, incomplete grades, Satisfactory Academic Progress and overall degree progress.
- Advised at-risk students with life or other circumstances to ensure online course attendance.
- Informed students on course and program content in degree program of study.
- Adhered to all CTU policies, procedures, integrity and ethical standards.
Bachelor’s Degree in Phychology, Herzing University, Madison, WI