33763 Lost River Rd
Job Objective Seeking a Retail Accountant position where my accounting skills will be further developed.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Certified accounting professional with strong accomplished experience in retail accounting
- Proficient in MS office suite (Excel, MS-word, MS-Access ), PeopleSoft Financials, MAS500, Cognos and GL Packages
- Good understanding of payroll procedures and tax laws and regulations at state level
- Ability to apply GAAP to Company’s accounting practices
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Amazing ability to learn new software analytical tools
- Ability to calculate discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages
- Excellent interaction and customer service skills
- Remarkable ability to work within tight deadlines and to handle competing priorities effectively
Retail Accountant, August 2005 – Present
La-Z-Boy, Elkhorn, NE
- Prepared monthly detail reconciliations and account analysis, payroll, prepaid assets, accounts receivable, cash, and accruals.
- Reviewed expenses each month to ensure proper matching of cost against revenue.
- Researched expense variances and performed appropriate adjustments.
- Monitored and maintained inventory reconciliation.
- Managed accounting for capital purchases and disposals including the maintenance of depreciation schedules.
- Prepared month end financial statements and supporting schedules as well as variance analyses for consolidation.
Retail Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, Elkhorn, NE
- Ensured timely and accurate retail financial statements.
- Performed quarterly store impairment analysis.
- Monitored and reconciled general ledger activity and balances.
- Reviewed project cost coding and reasonableness related to new store development.
- Calculated monthly expense cutoff; reconciled prepaid and accrued expense accounts.
- Reviewed monthly depreciation levels and fixed asset ledger.
Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Ashford University, Clinton, IA