945 Lee Mountain Rd
Monroeville, AL 36460
Job Objective Seeking a Project Cost Accountant position to contribute my bookkeeping and office management skills to an organization offering opportunity for improvement.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Strong accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of financial accounting, government contract accounting, budgets, financial systems
- Excellent knowledge of federal grant administration policies and government contract accounting
- Skilled in cost sheet variances, purchase accruals, journal entries and general ledger analysis
- Strong working knowledge of FAR, GAAP, SOX/404, DFARS, and CAS
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Amazing ability to evaluate the requirements and make suggestions to increase profit
- Ability to perform to deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and strong analytical skills
Project Cost Accountant, August 2005 – Present
TerraTherm, Inc, Monroeville, AL
- Estimated costs for new and existing products and participated in cost reduction initiatives.
- Developed project budgets, monthly cost projections, and profitability analysis.
- Prepared and analyzed pricing submissions, proposal pricing and cost estimating for government opportunities, and system setup and troubleshooting.
- Ensured familiarity and correct application of Corporate and Division cost accounting policies and principles.
Project Cost Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Avecia Biotechnology, Inc, Monroeville, AL
- Reviewed and analyzed part level cost data necessary to create accurate summary cost information for products.
- Identified variances on model costing, analyzed and communicated the root cause of those variances to appropriate management.
- Maintained detailed cost information in the Mac Pac Configurator.
- Improve departmental operating efficiency including physical inventory, cost studies and month end reporting.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Bentley University, Waltham, MA