8750 Carmel Valley Rd
Poway, CA 92064
Job Objective To obtain a Hedge Fund Accountant position and utilize my experience and skills for the successful completion of each job task.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Sound knowledge of hedge fund and private equity fund regulatory and accounting principles
- A great deal of experience working in a public accounting firm and within the hedge fund industry
- In depth knowledge of regulatory and accounting issues for registered products
- Excellent Research and Writing skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical, consultation, communication and judgment skills
- Trustworthy individual with strong ethics and integrity
- Ability to make sound decisions, and accurate judgment in a timely manner
Hedge Fund Accountant, August 2005 – Present
Stephen James Associates, Poway, CA
- Conciliated funds cash and securities to external sources.
- Investigated internal differences between the accounting and trade entry systems; and administered pricing the fund portfolios.
- Issued profit and loss statements and analyzed funds performance on a daily and monthly basis.
- Computed accounting entries and performed month end close processes.
- Liaised between clients and prime brokers and counterparties.
- Coordinated with auditors to finalize fund year end financial statements.
Hedge Fund Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Stone Coast Fund Services LLC, Poway, CA
- Prepared financial reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Administered continuous cash reconciliation procedures for fund investment purposes.
- Liaised with Fund’s independent auditors and offshore administrator.
- Communicated performance results to investors and resolved their queries.
- Partnered and communicated with various internal business units.
- Demonstrated to implement new product accounting and operational procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Ashford University, Clinton, IA